Friday, September 18, 2009

Blog an Email

My lovely sister in law love, Angie sent out an email yesterday that made me really want to pretty much "copy"  it into my blog. "The Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God"  is a book  that is used for praying, especially in specific situations for others in your life. This is a an example of one of the prayers and the one Angie sent in the email expressing one of the prayers she says for her husband, Al! I love this and like her, I have said this for danny as well on many occasions.  

Shattering Your Strongholds Prayer

“In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind _________’s body, soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God for his/her life. I bind _________’s mind, will and emotions to the will of God. I bind him/her to the truth and to the blood of Jesus. I bind his/her mind to the mind of Christ, that the very thoughts, feelings and purposes of His heart would be within his/her thoughts. I bind ________’s feet to the paths of righteousness so that his/her steps would be steady and sure. I bind him/her to the work of the cross with all of its mercy, grace, love, forgiveness and dying to self.

“I loose every old, wrong, ungodly pattern of thinking, attitude, idea, desire, belief, motivation, and every wrong mind/body agreement he/she has about wrong behaviors. I tear down, crush, smash, and destroy every stronghold associated with these things. I loose any stronghold in his/her life that has been justifying and protecting hard feelings against anyone. I loose the strongholds of unforgiveness, fear, and distrust from him/her. 

“I loose the power and effects of wrong agreements from _______. I loose deceptions and lies from _________’s mind, and I loose the effects and influences of any soul ties he/she has with other people. I loose the confusion and blindness the god of the world from _______’s mind that has kept him/her from seeing the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I call forth every precious word of Scripture that has ever entered into his/her mind and heart that it would rise up in power within him/her.

“In the name of Jesus, I loose the power and effects of any harsh words (word curses) spoken to, about, or by _______. I loose all generational bondage thinking and associated strongholds from ________. I loose all grave clothes from him/her. I loose all effects and bondages from him/her that may have been caused by mistakes I have made.

“Father, in the name of Jesus, I crush, smash and destroy generational bondages of any kids from mistakes made at any point between generations. I destroy them right here, right now. They will not bind and curse any more members of this family. I bind and loose these things in Jesus’ name. He has given me the keys and the authority to do so. Thank you, Lord, for the truth. Amen.”



I'm so thankful for having family that continues to encourage me in my faith. thank you Angie and we cant wait for Brooklyn! 


I could not post a blog about someone and not put up a picture! Here is Al, Angie and Brenley (last thanksgiving haha)...Love you guys!!


This post has encouraged me to make future post about my other fellow bloggers! I feel like all my other "blogging buddies" encourage me with their every post and a simple blog shout out from the newly ruths wouldn't hurt.  So be checking back...your day may come soon enough to be featured on the Ruth Review! =)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amber! That made my day! I've never had someone blog about me :) I'm glad the prayer encouraged you! It's pretty powerful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete