Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 weeks...

The last 3 weeks have flown by so quickly, well really the past 2 weeks, because honestly i never thought the first week would ever end. The first week of having hudson home was... hmm... whats the word i'm looking for that wont make me sound like a horrible mom...not really sure...so lets go with "rough."yes, the first week at home was rough to say the least. my entire body was in such pain, my hormones were slightly ridiculous (however i blaming it on the pain at the time), and Hudson was not the quiet, calm  "i love skin to skin time with mommy" he was in the hospital. The first week was the week of Christmas... meaning...traveling...meaning not easy on mommy or baby. The first week i ended up at the ER. The first week I couldn't get Hudson latched on appropriately at feedings...leaving me frustrated and with a fussy unfed baby. The first week, i could hardly walk, was only able to sit upright when breast feeding (which was extremely painful), had 3 hemorrhoids each the size of jupiter and on top of that was constipated for 8 days. Thankfully, we got plenty of help from both our moms, who got groceries, cooked meals, did laundry, changed diapers, washed dishes, held baby and did a lot of breast watching in order to help hudson feed =) . I will never forget that first week, i cried a lot, i smiled a lot, and i prayed a lot. i leaned on my husband a lot and i relied on my mom & danny's mom a lot. I'm so thankful for the 3 of them, that first week especially. i felt so weak and so helpless. I constantly felt like i was unable to give 100% to Hudson, however he had his daddy and he grandmothers who filled the job for me.



















second week was the week of answers and visitors. I learned that my cut from the episiotomy was not healing correctly and the scar tissue was causing all of my pain. I started womens physical therapy 3 times a week and yes, surprisingly it seems to be working. i was loaded up on pain medication and finally able to sit down without throbbing pain. The second week my handsome little guy was sleeping 5 to 7 hours at night letting his new mommy get some much needed sleep. I called the nurses station 3 times to see if this was normal or if could be pain medication making him sleep so much. They assured me it wasn't but i was a lil unsure. Hudson had his 2 week well check and according to the pediatrician looks great! He has surpassed his birth weight. Is above average in height and a lil below average in weight... therefor we have a tall skinny lil guy at the moment. Oh and like i said week 2 was the week of visitors! friends, family and coworkers stopped by daily! I loved showing off my lil guy and loved having a lil socialization. Week 2 is when danny went back to work,  leaving me scared out of my mind to be home alone with a 2 week old...so i was thankful for the visitors.


Week 3 was the start of getting comfortable. I'm comfortable driving with my baby, im comfortable getting him in & out of his car seat and stroller. I'm comfortable feeding him, i'm comfortable developing a schedule for him. And the easiest thing of all is loving on him, praying for him and just looking at him. I continue to go to physical therapy, i have stopped taking the pain meds, i'm able to walk, drive, do loads of laundry and cook dinner. Week 3 has brought its challenges though, especially between the hours of 7pm to 11pm. Hudson becomes somewhat unconsolable. He cries... a lot and doesnt want to sleep at all. This is the hardest time of the day, almost every day. After 11 he usually will sleep till about 4 or 5 in the morning, then feed, then go right back down until close to 9. So we are all still getting good sleep thru out the night but his fussiness seems to be at the only time i see my husband during the day..so we are still trying to figure out a cure for this time of day.

so there ya go...a little look into our first 3 weeks as a family. we doing wonderful and couldnt be happier. Hudson is such a joy to parent, to feed, to rock, to hold, and even to listen to cry at  4 in the morning. i cant imagine what my life would be like without him now that he has made his arrival. the lord has been so gracious with me and has surrounded me with love.  Mine and danny's 2 year anniversary is just around the corner and i am still falling more and more in love with my husband every day...i didnt think i could love him anymore from the day he asked me to marry him but i do. i am the luckiest most blessed girl in the world.

well...i'm hearing the lil guy squirm, its time for his 3'clock snack...

1 comment:

  1. Amber of course you are a wonderful mama!! So glad to hear things are getting better and better. We need to skype with ya'll because I"m not going to make it until this summer without seeing that sweet son of yours! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete