Thursday, August 11, 2011

quote unquote

Lately I've been doing a lot of reading.  I've always loved to read. But after Hudson was born, I sort of stopped reading, however for the past month or so I've been able to find more time for it. Reading is probably one of my favorite things to do, along with taking notes as i read. I guess its the "student" in me, but for some reason I love high lighting, underlining, [bracketing] in almost any book I read. I usually almost always have a journal next to me too if I'm reading, in case I need to write anything down as well. Now that i think about it, this is probably why I hardly ever have the time to read...It's almost like homework and pretty time consuming. Not to mention all the materials i carry along: a pen, a high lighter, a journal, the book itself, my phone for quick internet access for definitions, and my bible if I'm reading a book that is quoting or referring to scripture. Like i said, "homework."  I pray that Hudson is a reader. I hope that one day he realizes that Books are filled with information, with imagination, and with encouragement.

I felt the urge to share some of statements i've come across in the books i've been reading... this is pretty much all the parts i read out loud to danny..."honey listen to this..." haha

"your true belief is revealed by what you do under pressure"
"no man is good enough thru his works, to have a right standing with God"
"my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" (hosea 4:6)
"...his newborn body was a blank slate, pure & uncontaminated by fast food, soda, candy bars..."
"if your hearts are not clean, your works are not clean"
"morality is a get to, not a have to"
"train up a child the way he should go and he will not depart from it" (proverbs 22:6)
"shop for food that God created, not something man constructed."
"as a parent you posses the power to decide everything your children eat inside your home."
"we still dont understand how Satan works"
"pray that any hidden problems in your family be brought to light"
"all satan can do is influence us: plant evil thoughts, make suggestions, place temptations in our paths"
"you can pay the farmer more now, or you can pay the doctor even more later"
"prayer is the natural result that shows you how desperate you really are for jesus"


happy thursday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment