Friday, June 25, 2010

fathers day tribute


I saw this idea on my fashionista friend Kendi's blog a few days ago when she gave her dad a little shout out for fathers day and I wanted to do the same! so here goes!



For you, Dad...

for dipping my paci in honey when i wouldn't stop crying

for driving my around in the car so I would fall asleep faster

for teaching me how to play basketball using a trash can

for always picking me to be on your team

for teaching me to appreciate good ol' country music

for teaching me a mean cross over & no look passes

for always telling me to "walk it off"

for tickling me at night for not coming to tell you "goodnight'

for bringing me pop cycles and water whenever i had to mow the neighbors yard

for showing me how to shoot a free throw without jumping

for my blue eyes and blonde hair

for always reciting the Christmas Story

for teaching me to throw like a boy

for giving me my own phone and answering machine

for moving me into my first apartment

for letting me believe in santa clause, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and most of all Jesus

for driving to Abilene at midnight when I got really sick at College and bringing me home

for sending money when i was "broke"

for always telling me that belts make an outfit look better...i finally agree

for always making sure my car is running good

for calling me even when u have nothing to tell me

for walking me down the aisle....

Love you for all that you do, have done and for so much more. 







1 comment:

  1. Amber,
    Your dad loves this. He said to tell you "not one, not two, but threeeeeee" Said you would remember. Your blog tribute is awesome. Love you.

    Dad
    (and Donna)

    ReplyDelete