Friday, July 15, 2011

fathers day

i know i know i know...fathers day was like a month ago. like exactly a month ago i think. but i never blogged about it. Which sounds terrible since it was Danny's official first fathers day and i cant think of anyone else who deserves being blogged about than the man who is the father of my son and my ever so handsome groom!

Like most wives... I simply adore my husband. He is with out a doubt, my very best friend. I have never been the wife that needs time alone, or even a girls night out. (Now, I have been the "mom" that needs a break from time to time but usually after an hour i'm already missing the little guy lol). I never get tired of being around my husband. We were like this when were dating too. Just ask our friends, we were pretty much attached to the hip...doing everything together, going everywhere together and just experiencing life together. I dont just "love" danny...i "like" danny.  He's a pretty cool guy once you get to know him ;) He's easy to be around and can make you laugh with just one statement. He's not loud, he's not a "shoot the breeze" kinda guy and he's not an attention seeker, though he sure always has my attention! He loves jesus, enjoys a cold beer, and watching baseball players like albert puljos & josh hamilton light up the fields.

On Wednesday July 23, 2008 danny asked me to marry him, I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole life.
On Saturday January 31, 2009 I walked down the aisle of First Baptist Church in Arlington and said "i do" to danny. I became a wife & danny became a husband. I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole life.
On Wednesday, March 31, 2010 I found out I was pregnant. I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole life.
On Tuesday, July 20, 2010 I found out I was having a boy. I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole life.
On Saturday, December 18th, 2010 I gave birth to Hudson Brownlee Ruth, I became a mom & danny became a dad. I was and still am the happiest I have ever been in my whole life.

All these events have one thing in common...danny. As corney and cheesy as it sounds, he makes my world go round and now he's the center of his son's whole world. I couldn't pick a better father for hudson, what a fantastic, hard working, god fearing man hudson has to look up to. not to mention what an amazing husband he is day in and day out. I've always had one theory when it comes to marriage & parenting, okay so i have like a 100 theories, but this is the most important one.."if your living for jesus, you cant go wrong." Knowing my husband has a heart for the Lord, keeps me comforted & keeps me confident in him as a husband and as a father.

For fathers day, Hudson got danny his first "dad" coffee mug and some little green army men that one day far far far from now when hudson no longer has the desire to stick everything in his mouth that they will be able to play with. In the photos below please ignore hudsons comb over...his hair as always, is crazy! I'm trying to get it to lay flat...











well nap time "sounds" like its over...so i the words of kelly rasberry from kidd kraddick in the morning "and that's all i got, how'd ya like that?"

oh and one last little video i wanted to share, i tried posting it yesterday but it didn't work, so i'm trying again!:

No comments:

Post a Comment