Saturday, July 16, 2011

Routine

You ever have those moments when you realize your life is very routine like. Everyday you do the same thing, at the same time, with the same people. It sounds quiet depressing when you look at that way, but to me routine just works. Take this morning for example, right now its close to 8 AM and typically i would be in house wife/maid mode...switching over the laundry, loading/unloading the dishwasher and probably stuffing a few diapers. 8 AM is also getting very close to Hudson's first nap of the day, so I try to settle him down with books and floor time, where The Very Hungry Caterpillar eats 5 oranges on Friday like 6 times.  Then hopefully if everything goes as plan I get to take a shower or blog, it really depends on if i feel like having greasy hair or not. 

However, Saturdays or always so different. And so not on routine.  This is not a typical morning, as are most saturdays are not. For example, hudson woke up at 6:30, i nursed him and surprisingly Danny got up with him and I stayed in bed. I was so surprised that I couldnt even go back to sleep, instead I got up to blog about it, while I could still hear everything that was going on in the living room wondering crazily (not sure if thats a word) if everything was going according to "routine." If songs were being sung, if food was being thawed out, if tummy time was happening and the biggie if no tv was on! =) While I was wondering all of these things, my sweet husband walked in with breakfast in bed for me. Toast, eggs, turkey bacon with a glass of OJ (the juice not the person, that would just be weird) on the side.  I was floored to say the least, but really should i expect anything else from him?! He really is just that awesome!

Being on routine just works for me, but sometimes getting off schedule has its perks! =)

off to get in the shower and go do a little fabric shopping! We're re-doing our couches! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment